Brand Strategy and Development, Cultural Unification
Hanson, the largest brick manufacturer in the US, was built by the acquisition of over 17 different smaller brick companies over the course of 24 months. Hanson had little brand awareness and a fractured culture.
1. Build a sense of cohesiveness and unity of vision in the corporate culture: from the C-level to the factory floor.
2. Relaunch the Hanson Brand.
• Led vision sessions with all C-Level stakeholders.
• Visited key production plants interviewing factory workers. • Created “Building on the Best” cultural communications portfolio that included: films, posters, and brand affinity program
• Developed “brick as a fashion statement” brand positioning and strategy. Produced a brand assets portfolio aimed at consumers and trade including:
• A unified vision, purpose, and enthusiasm among employees • Brand awareness lept from 7% to 23% over 18 months.
• Inventory sell-out, with a 6-month wait for new orders, leading to 10% increase in product pricing
• + 25% free print media upgrades: from inside
pages to inside and back covers.
• Brand campaign featured in 3 university level textbooks re: how to differentiate a commoditized product.